Jacksonville Lighthouse Charter School is a tuition-free, open-enrollment, public charter school located in Jacksonville, Arkansas, near the Little Rock Air Force Base. We serve students from kindergarten through the twelfth grade.
At JLCS, we are invested in our scholars and empower them by providing them with the tools they need to become successful thinkers, leaders, creators, and responsible citizens who respect themselves and others. Our school is a beacon of LIGHT in our community, and we wish to instill our scholars with the desire to share their LIGHT through their actions, regardless of their situation. With careful intention, we have created an inviting and inspiring environment designed to ignite a passion for learning.
Since opening our main campus in 2009, JLCS has provided families in the Jacksonville area with a choice of where they educate their children. We began as a K–6 school and added a grade level each subsequent year. In 2012, we opened up Jacksonville Lighthouse College Preparatory Academy.
Jacksonville Lighthouse Charter Schools includes three campuses:
- Our first cohort of graduates had a 100% graduation rate and earned $1.7 million in scholarships.
- The class of 2018 posted a 98% graduation rate.
- 85% of these graduates matriculated to colleges and universities.
- We follow a Restorative Practice disciplinary system that focuses on developing positive behaviors and changing negative behaviors. Our overall goal is to restore relationships and keep scholars engaged in the classroom.
- We utilize an arts infusion approach where students engage in the creative process to construct and demonstrate understanding through the arts.
- Scholars develop socially and emotionally while building an academic foundation.
- We strive to serve as a light in the community and consistently look for opportunities for our scholars to contribute to the school and local community.
- We begin and end each day with classes focused on building relationships.
At Jacksonville Lighthouse Charter School, we dedicate our resources and effort towards:
Creating a connection between learning in the classroom and what happens in the ”real” world
Fostering a collaborative spirit in our scholars to achieve greatness
Teaching academic and life readiness skills, enabling our scholars to achieve success in college, career, and life